27 January 2014

Our Christmas



Last year (already?!) we made the most of having my sister Sarah in the country for Christmas for the first time since 2010. Usually we do our own thing in the morning and then head over to hang out with family for lunch after church. 'This' year (2013) we made different plans. As soon as we woke up, we piled into the car in pyjamas and headed straight over to Mum and Paul's house, where Sarah was staying too. I had loaded up the kid's presents the night before - they were very surprised by my sneakiness!




Together we had a lovely time opening presents and eating our traditional Christmas breakfast of oven toasted croissants, smothered in fresh raspberry jam, yum yum!


Rosie opens Gryffen's presents for him

I was torn between wanting to enjoy watching the kids have a great time and wanting to capture it on the camera so we could look back and remember it long after the toys have all broken. Consequently, most of the photos are blurry blurry blurry! I figure a bad photo is still better than no photo at all.



The chaotic wrapping paper-strewn aftermath

We also had a lovely evening with Dad and Kathy on the Sunday before Christmas.




Christmas is one of my favourite days of the year. This year I really felt a sense of worship as I listened to my favourite Christmas hymns during December. Emmanuel, God with us. Amazing. I love to sing those beautiful songs with my church family in the morning and not only enjoy the Christmas-ness of them, but also the incredible beauty of the words. I LOVE to spend the entire rest of the day and evening with my extended family. I'm blessed to have two sides of a close-knit family, and whichever side we choose each year, we always have a super enjoyable day chatting and laughing and over-indulging in gooooooood food. Because what would a birthday celebration be without party food, right?

1 comment:

  1. What a super blessed and joy-filled time for you all - magical xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!. I read and get warm fuzzies from each and every comment and will reply via email - as time and my wee babe allows!. xxx