14 January 2014

Holidaying at Papamoa



I have been so busy hanging out with my family that I've had very little time for blogging. The best kind of excuse, I think! I figure I'll just blog about the things we did as time allows, and ignore the date stamp!

Before Christmas, we spent a week in Papamoa with my Mum and Step-dad. The weather was Gorgeous (with a capital G!) but the children were all sick which, to be honest, put a serious damper on my enjoyment of it all. Fabulous timing, of course. However, it was still wonderful to get away from all the Christmas rushing and constant housework at home!



It was so lovely to watch the kids pottering about on the beach. The little lapping waves at the harbour (Pilot Bay) suited my quiet-loving kids well. Tristan in particular was fearless at the water's edge - he loved it! (Which of course meant we watched him like a hawk the whole time, though thankfully there were no head-first plunges!)



We enjoyed lazy days and picnics at the beach's edge, where the newly-built boardwalk meant my wheelchair-bound Mum could sit on the mat with us and forget about her limitations for a while. Mum used to be such a beach babe. It must be hard for her to watch her precious grandchildren down on the beach and not be able to join them.



I am very thankful for the gorgeous sunshine I could soak up (even my lily-white skin managed to pick up a bit of a tan!). And especially for the time we could hang with my special Mum. Rosie spent one entire afternoon perched on Mum's lap at the top of the beach. Bliss for her company-loving little soul.



One of the best things while we were at the beach: my long lost sister arrived home for a two week visit! It was so good to see her and hang out! Love her!



Beach holidays are the best, yes?

1 comment:

  1. Aww despite the bugs looks like a very special and lovely time had :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!. I read and get warm fuzzies from each and every comment and will reply via email - as time and my wee babe allows!. xxx