10 December 2013

Let's Catch Up



A bullet point-ed post for today.

- I am thoroughly enjoying listening to LOTS Christmas music this year. On my playlist at the moment is Michael Buble's Christmas, Pentatonix' PTXMAS and Chris Tomlin's Glory In The Highest. I listen via Grooveshark to be able to hear lots of different albums.


I'm getting pretty good at the Baby-Mama-selfie now

- My baby is growing up. I'll admit to some sadness when Gryffen outgrew his 000 clothes and moved into 00 (3-6mo). But of course he's just as cute and bright eyed as ever. Last weekend he was a bit fevered and came up in a viral rash - we raced to the doctor in a bit of a panic - but it was harmless and he's fine again. He's such a delight. Being his Mama is so easy; I'm enjoying it so much. Long may it stay that way!!


Excuse Hayden's big yawn!

- Elliot is just about finished school for the year. In 20 minutes (!!!) I get not only my oldest son back, but my husband too! For 7 whole weeks! I'll admit to being very pleased that homework is already stopped for the year. It's nice for Elliot to come home and just be able to play until dinner time, instead of having to force him to sit down and do his work = worst part of the day! I'm so looking forward to the months ahead; we've got some lovely holidays planned.



- I'm loving seeing my curls come out in my children. Tristan has a gorgeous golden curly mop. I'm glad he sleeps mostly on his tummy so I don't have to torture my childcomb the knots out every morning - a certain daughter's least favourite activity.

- I'm enjoying making smoothies for breakfast. I'd been - unintentionally - skipping breakfast by running out of time and then getting busy (small children will do that to you). Of course, I make time for my coffee first though... In my smoothie I add 1c milk, half a banana, some strawberries and raspberries, pear or mango, and some chia seeds. I feel awesome in the morning now.



- We've been enjoying the warmer weather (except for this rain we've had lately). It's so great to be in t-shirts and shorts - and to be able to send the kids outside to run off all their excess energy! We've even indulged in some simple water play which results in happily entertained children, so this Mama can put her feet up for a while.



- We enjoyed celebrating Mum's birthday a few weeks ago. Considering that 35 years ago, her oncologist gave her a 5% chance of survival, we feel pretty thankful for every special day we get to hang out with her.



Roll on Summer Holidays! We are going to enjoy you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow those curls are cute! And that baby!
    Me too - I DETEST homework! There is a lot of research on how unnecessary/ pointless/ actually harmful to children's childhoods it is.. I am firmly in the homework comes after family time camp!!
    That's great that your mum is a survivor. How awesome.
    Holidays yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those curls!!! And your little one is gorgeous - lovely to hear what's going on in your world x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!. I read and get warm fuzzies from each and every comment and will reply via email - as time and my wee babe allows!. xxx