04 September 2012

Do you have any questions?



I've mentioned before that to me, being adopted is just part of my story and is completely normal. But throughout my life, my friends have always had questions about it, and I can tell that when all of the sudden 'the right time' pops up to ask some, there is a sense of curiosity and an eagerness to satisfy it that I can see in their eyes. (It makes me smile.)

Let me tell you right now, I have no issues with talking about my adoption. (You've probably figured that out by now though, right?) I do not find it in the least awkward.



I would hazard a guess that most people might think it's awkward for me because it's like betraying my parents by talking about it? I think I thought that a bit too when I was growing up, but now I'm an adult (I know, crazy isn't it?), I understand that for them, all they see is gratitude. Without the selfless actions of my birth mother (B, remember?), they would be childless. Mum and Dad have always been open about where we came from, so when we did have questions, it was never hard to ask them.

I wondered if maybe there are some of you out there who are curious about any particular aspect of my adoption journey so far? Anything I haven't covered? Any random tidbit you wanted to know about?

Leave me a comment here (if you don't have a Google account you can just select the 'Anonymous' option and comment that way. Just be sure to leave your name and/or email address so I know who you are!), or on my page on Facebook.

I'll answer your questions (if there are any!) in another post, so stay tuned.

*****

Previous post in this series:
On First Contact

This story begins here.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you come across as so well balanced and accepting of your adoption and I hope if/when the time comes to meet your birth mother it is all you hope/dream it to be.

    My curiosity about all adoptions . . . is do you think about your birth father too OR just the birth mother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are so open about it too

    I'd also like to know about the birth father ^^

    They say girls marry their dads, essentially, do you think you married your birth dad or adoptive dad?

    Was your sister adopted too?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this all very interesting Jess. I'd love to hear about your bond with your sister, your feelings about your birthday (I have another friend who is adopted and has always found her birthday hard), kind of everything really - why you've waited this length of time before launching out and how you feel it will impact your own family. I also had a picture for you the other day but I will email it to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I have just 'discovered' you, can't remember through which blog now; but have been reading through your adoption story!

    So exciting, and really interesting to hear it from the adopted child point of view! My Mum had a baby when she was young and had him adopted out - he made contact with her (and thus us) a few years ago... so I come from a totally different angle! I can't share this on my blog of course - it is not my story to share, but everything about adoption fascinates me (the whole nature v nuture thing)! So have been really enjoying your story... hope you do another update when you get to meet B in real life!

    God Bless,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx